1. Will this product fit in my Canadian/American home?
Yes! Our product is specifically designed for the North American bathroom. Our dimensions are made to fit on all the fittings in your bathroom.
Brass T-valve dimension: 7/8" with water shut-off valve (advanced safety)
If for whatever reason, you still have doubt on fittings, you can cross reference your bathroom fitting with the one in our video hyperlinked here. This model bathroom is the typical bathroom found in North America.
2. How long will it take for the product to ship to me?
Shipping takes about 2-3 business days if the order is placed from Ontario, Canada. Rest of Canada is between 3-5 business days, and can take up to 7 business days for customers in the United States. We offer free shipping across Canada, and free shipping in the US for orders of 3 or more products.
3. Is there a hot and cold water mixer valve available?
Due to popular demand, we have started offering our new hot/cold mixer valve. It is a "do-it-yourself" solution which will also come with a spare hose to connect to the hot water line.
4. How long does the bidet last before it needs to be replaced?
How long the Nadeef Bidet lasts depends, like all other products, on the usage and maintenance of the item. There are right and wrong ways of using it. By following these best practices below you can ensure your Nadeef Bidet will last for up to 7 years. Although you should consider changing out for a new bidet after 4 years for peace of mind.
- Keep the lever on the T-valve in the off position (downwards) when it is not in use. Sometimes it's easy to forget to turn it off, so we highly recommend keeping the pressure below 20% (and even lower depending if you have high pressure in your home). Meaning, please keep the lever much less than the half-way mark. We find the fully opened lever on the T-adapter creates very high pressure and over time it will wear out the spray head and hose and may cause leaks.
- Make sure the T-valve attached to the toilet tank pipe is installed correctly and evenly. Many times the teeth of the pipe don't catch with perfect alignment (like a bottle cap that doesn't twist on evenly) and can cause leakage. You will know the adapter is installed properly when the adapter will no longer twist.
- Hand-tighten all joints every 4-6 months. Over time, joints can loosen up. Do not use tools to twist too hard as over tightening the brass nut on a plastic toilet pipe can cause damage to the pipe or the sealant around the pipe and the toilet tank.
- Do not handle the spray head aggressively, as it can damage the open/close mechanism on the spray head. If the spray head button feels "sticky", please turn the pressure to full-blast and the button will "unlock".
5. Do I have to turn off the adapter valve each time?
We highly recommend this practice. The reason why is due to the build up of pressure that can form if the adapter is continuously left on and the spray head is closed. Over time this can weaken the joints and fixtures within the hose which can cause leaks. If you forget once in a while, as we all do, that's OK, but try not to make it a habit to leave it on. If you turn the adapter off daily, you're bidet will last beyond 5-7 years.
6. Is there a warranty?
There is a 3 year manufacturer warranty on parts. If something stops working, please email us with the details and any accompanying images or videos and if we cannot fix it virtually, we will send you the replacement parts, no more questions asked. The process to claim a warranty is outlined in detail on this bidet warranty claim page.
The 3 year warranty only applies to order places after June 2018.
7. What is your return policy?
Due to the nature of the product and its use, we cannot accept returns if the product is unboxed. However, if you have a technical issue with one of the parts, we have a warranty on the part and can send a replacement.
If the box is unopened, we offer a full refund of the product once it's returned back to us in it's original condition. For the full details on initiating a return please visit our Returns Policy page here.
8. What is the price of the hand-held bidet?
Our prices are listed on the product page. Currently our going price is $79.90 CAD but sometimes we have promotions which will bring it as low as $69.90 CAD. The other economic factor to consider as well is the amount of money that is saved by using less toilet paper. Some studies have found a reduction in toilet paper by up to 75%, which can come out to be over $20 per person per year. You can see our other bidet/toilet paper financial comparison points here: http://getnadeef.com/pages/bidet-vs-toilet-paper-infographic
9. What causes leaks to occur in bidets?
There are many answers to this question because there are a few different reasons why leaks start to occur.
- The valve is not kept turned off between uses. Overtime this will wear down the joints in your pipes. Since many homes, especially in North America, have higher than global average water pressures and since almost all bidet manufacturers are based outside North America, they are not built to support the high pressures in our homes.
- Poor quality parts. Most bidets are made in China and are not properly stress tested after manufacturing in order for them to keep their costs low. Nadeef Bidets are manufactured in Italy, and maintain our higher quality which is why we offer a 3 year warranty rather than the industry standard 1 year.
- Washers are worn out. If the rubber washers were not places correctly, or the joints were over-tightened, they can lose their effectiveness in creating the seal.
- Over-tightening the joints or using tools to tighten. Only the hot water line from the hot and cold water mixer kit needs to be tightened with a wrench. Other than that part, all items sold through our website should only be hand-tightened. Using tools can lead to over-tightening the joints which could cause small cracks that can lead to leaks. Make sure you hand-tighten all joints every 6 months of use.